lunes, 25 de agosto de 2014

Mike Simmons: Pill Head (2014)

After twenty five long years of reviewing music (mostly because the world demanded I do it, but sometimes because I enjoy passing judgement) I’ve grown tired of rehashing old statements about timbre, tone and tempo; using up phrases referring to temperature or poise. I’d rather write about my morning boner. Especially because I’m usually writing this in the morning. I digress. Pill Head by Mike Simmons is everything I imagine Seattle to be. I’ve never been there, but I hear it rains a lot, maybe that has something to do with it. Simmons contorts an aesthetic that fosters some natural beauty into song textures that seem born from pain and suffering. Well, to live is to suffer, said someone sometime somewhere. @Dingusonmusic

No hay comentarios: