lunes, 7 de noviembre de 2011

Speedway Stars: Switchblade (2011)

"There has always been something meek yet seriously alluring about Speedway Star’s music. This solo project of California resident Justin McNiff is the very definition of a bedroom pop project. Justin has always been really modest about sharing and promoting his music as if he is almost hesitant to put it out there (a sentiment shared my many artists). But I think that once you listen to it you’ll realize (as should Justin) that his music is actually really, really good. In fact I dig it so much that I asked him to be on my Cool Cats mixtape (to which he graciously obliged).
On his debut release Glow In the Dark Stars you’ll find six tracks that are as heavy on atmosphere as they are on tape hiss. It definitely has an aroma of familiarity about it, but what I think helps it to really stand out is that there is an element of honesty that can’t really be faked (though many will try). You can stream the whole thing on
Magic Rub Cassettes and if you bounce on over to check it out you might as well snag a tape while you’re at it! Two birds with one stone, people!" (Find: cactusmouth.tumblr.com)

No hay comentarios: