miércoles, 2 de enero de 2013

Ben Seretan: New song (2012)


“Basically this album is about being in love, old American music, and Jesus. I wrote it while living in upstate New York this summer and while rehearsing in an old horse barn. I think the exemplary line from the record is 'When I’m with you, heaven smiles down - crocuses are bursting through the soil.' Seeing the world as an enchanted/religious/blessed place, feeling good, summer baptisms, laying with a naked person in a too-small twin bed, the smell of grass, entertaining the notion of a creator with no notion of the devil, edenic, a feeling of living in multiple time periods at once (the feeling of talking on a cell phone in a field unchanged for centuries, using a language that is new but somehow remembered), the guitar as if it grew out of the earth like a root vegetable, my voice like it fell sun ripened from a tree.” (Bandcamp)

No hay comentarios: