"Actually the whole title is I Will Be My Own Hell Because There Is a Devil Inside My Body. What a long title. Anyways so yeah, the Teen Suicide boys dropped yet another release this past weekend. I don’t know if I’ve been out of the loop or what, but I didn’t even know that this was in the works. Funny thing is, Sam had been emailing me what I assumed were just demos, but I’ve been so busy lately that I didn’t dig much deeper than that. Ah, whatever. A surprise is a surprise and this is a pretty good one.
If you dig Teen Suicide then I WIll Be My Own Hell should be welcome and familiar territory. The songwriting is still strong and the production quality is maybe a smidge better with some of the fuzz having been scraped off. Most notably though, this is Teen Suicide’s first shindig as a trio. Sam and Eric added a permanent bass player in the form of their friend Alec Simke AKA “Torts” (I think I got that right, but if I didn’t I’ll hear about it). There also seems to be some discussion as to whether this is a full-length album or simply another EP. It’s a bulky, ten-track release, so I don’t know. What do you think?" (cactusmouth.tumblr.com)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario