"I actually found out about this Allston, MA band because they are going to be playing a show with my crushes in SLUTEVER later this month. One quick spin through The Fagettes bandcamp page along with a watch of their video for “When I’m With You” pretty much secured my adoration.
Now I know that the whole 1960’s California pop aesthetic has been strung up by its heels on a meat hook and exsanguinated by Best Coast, but I urge you to forget about all that and check this video out anyways. Shot on 16mm film, the aesthetic that the video and accompanying track put forth is not only earnest in spirit, but it’s catchy as well (the guitar solo towards the end of the track damn near brought me to tears). I’m not taking for granted that in an oversaturated scene, The Fagettes have managed to stand out for me.
If you really dig their sound you can download their music for free on their bandcamp. Stimulation Addict Records has also collected the band two EP’s and released them as one on cassette. Grab Vols. 1 & 2 for a measly four bucks from their online store" (cactus-mouth.tumblr.com)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario